This spring season, hair styles are all about celebrating the individual. Hairdressers are embracing the natural texture of hair and advising their clients to stock up on accessories, to flirt with a fun new fringe, or recapture the hair styles of their youth.
Cuts and styles
Take a peek at these chic cuts and sophisticated styles that are so hot right now. You’re bound to find something to inspire you to make that next trip to COEV Hairdressers!
Short business style
The short business style is great for women looking for something stylish but easy to maintain. If you’re looking to go short and you have very little time to devote to styling before work, this is the do for you. It provides sophisticated and elegant appeal that can be dressed up or down for work or for the weekend. The look is achieved with very short layers on top and longer layers at the back. Your hairstylist can adjust the length of the layers to suit your face shape.
Shaggy styles have an effortless yet edgy appeal that never really goes out of fashion. The hair needs to be layered at different lengths to add texture and definition to the style. The layers are often left wavy to produce that effortless look, as well as to create a soft texture. This hair style looks particularly great on shoulder- to long-length hair.
The geometric style is amongst the funkiest style of this season. If you’re looking to make a statement or turn heads, this is definitely the style for you! It works very well for women with naturally straight hair. The hair is cut shorter on one side than the other, with the fringe then being styled at the longer side to create a funky look. The sky is the limit with colour choices, so you can go as bold or as natural as you like. The geometric style is great for accentuating facial features and giving you a bold new look.
For a dramatic new style, a blunt hair style could be the way to go. The layers and fringe are cut very straight, giving the hair a blunt, angular look, which takes away any softness. You can achieve the blunt look with very short bobs, with shoulder-length hair, or even a long, layered style. The look is quite dramatic and only suits a certain facial and personality type; so if you’re keen to give it a go, discuss it with your hairdresser.
You’ve sorted out the style you want, but what about the colour? Check out these gorgeous on-trend colours to keep your hair looking fabulous this spring season!
- Pastel: also called unicorn hair, pastel colours are incredibly popular. They can be applied to the tips of your hair or all over, and in a variety of ways including bright dyes, washes of pastels and dip-dye looks. Colours can range from pastel blues and purples, to greens and pinks.
- Babylights: natural looking highlights that mimic the sun-kissed look.
- Subtle ombre (or sombre): a softer, more natural diffusion of colour—colour that fades gradually from top to bottom.
- Platinum: the lightest shade of blonde available with a hint of silver, platinum is definitely on-trend this season. It may be cool in tone, but platinum is definitely vibrant!
- Bronde: a trendy colouring technique that diffuses the perfect shade of blonde with brunette, creating a stunning colour combination that’s sure to turn heads.
- Rose gold: said by some stylists to be the colour of the year, rose gold is the perfect balance of pink, violet, peach and gold. You can have it tailored to suit your skin tone by playing up the pink, violet or gold tones.